Where would you like to travel to?

• Thread starter G01
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Travel
In summary, the group discusses their travel goals and preferences. Some want to visit natural areas such as the Arctic tundra, savannah, Sahara, Australian Outback, Antarctica, and rainforests, while others are interested in historical sites and cultural experiences. There is a desire to visit various national parks in Canada and provincial parks in British Columbia, as well as places in China, India, and Central Asia. Other destinations mentioned include Brazil, the Congo rainforest, the Camino del Santiago pilgrimage, Barcelona, Rio, North Korea, Aruba, and Scotland. Some have specific activities in mind, such as riding the Trans Siberian Railroad or bicycling across Australia. Overall, the group is eager to travel and experience different parts of the world
G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member
For me its all about nature. Before I go to any city, I would like to see the arctic tundra (above the tree-line), the savana, the Sahara, the Australian Outback, Antarctica, the rainforests.

Human formations can wait!

I honestly think that other than my career, seeing the different natural areas of the world is going to be my life goal.

Where do you guys want to go?

Physics news on Phys.org
Seems we think along the same lines although I wouldn't mind visiting Rome and some other historical sites. I've also always wanted to climb one of the major mountains in the world.

I'd love to traverse the Amazon and the Nile and to see the wildlife that lives in their environs from their headwaters to where they meet the ocean.

There are so many places I want to go for different reasons I wouldn't even know where to start. Some places I would want to go to for the nature, scenery ...ect, others for the history and the architecture. I can't wait till I have the money to actually start to travel.

i want to see most of the national parks in Canada someday, like nahanni (1st-ever world heritage site), auyuittuq (aka "the land that never melts" :tongue:), gwaii haanas, torngat mtns, jasper... i want to see many of the provincial parks in bc, & a bunch of places in china i hope to see someday like huangshan, huanglong, wulingyuan, jiuzhaigou valley, guilin... strangely i don't really want to see much of europe. maybe the whole continent is just too 'touristy' for me. i guess there are parts of India (jaisalmer fort, amber fort, srinivasa ramanujan's old house, etc), central asia (samarkand, etc), turkey & many other places but i would say the most of the places i want to see are in Canada & china.

I'd like to see the clay licks in Brazil, and some of the other major parrot gathering points in the Amazon rain forest. Also goto the Congo rain forest. For another I'd like to ride the Trans Siberian RR from Moscow to Vladivostok.

aha i just remembered the camino del santiago or whatever it's called, that 6-week pilgrimage across northern spain & half of france to santiago de compostela. THAT would be a good trip, & cheap too!

Last edited:
Just send me to Barcelona please. Either that or Rio. Not the resorts either. Give me 3 months, crap-hole apartment, no job.

North Korea would be cool -- to experience a place like that before they all disappear.

I want to go back to Aruba :) I miss that place.

I really want to ride a bicycle from Sydney (or Brisbane) to Perth. I figure it would take about 4 or 5 weeks.

Scotland, the Isle of Sky. I was so close once, then became very ill. I'd love to go back.

Italy, Spain, and perhaps Sweden or Norway.

1. Where is your dream travel destination?

My dream travel destination is Japan. I have always been fascinated by the unique blend of ancient traditions and modern technology in Japan, as well as the country's rich culture and delicious food.

2. Why do you want to travel to that specific place?

I want to travel to Japan because I am passionate about learning about different cultures and experiencing new things. Japan has a unique and vibrant culture that I am eager to explore and immerse myself in.

3. What activities do you plan on doing while you're there?

There are so many activities I want to do while in Japan! I definitely want to visit historical sites such as temples and shrines, try traditional Japanese cuisine, and attend a traditional tea ceremony. I also want to explore the bustling cities and try out some of the latest technology.

4. How do you plan on getting around while traveling?

I plan on using a combination of public transportation and walking while traveling in Japan. The country has an extensive and efficient train system, and walking is a great way to really immerse yourself in the local culture and discover hidden gems.

5. Are you planning on traveling alone or with others?

I am planning on traveling with a group of friends. I believe that traveling with others allows for a more enriching experience as we can share our different perspectives and create lasting memories together.