Which Ball Screw Actuator Best Fits a Reclining Mechanism for a 9KN Load?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
melanie_new
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I have a reclining mechanism which moves by and down. It is X framed, just like an ambulance stretcher. It has to be able to raise its own weight through a vertical distance of 610mm. The length of the stretcher is 2m, and the distance between the wheels is fixed at 1.2m. Can anyone help me go about this...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I've used linear motion products from http://www.thomsonlinear.com/website/com/eng/products/Ball_Screws_and_Lead_Screws.php" to find manufacturers.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
hey thanks for the links, I've looked at some of the ball screw catalogues and found a few possible ones. The actuator must extend by 269mm and be capable of providing a maximum dynamic load of 9KN. The static load capacity is just a bit less. What would be the best model?

Thanks