Which branch of physics is best to choose

  • Thread starter Thread starter rayman123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Branch Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 13K views
rayman123
Messages
138
Reaction score
0
Hello! I am about to be ready with my bachelor degree in physics. I became lately interested in mathematical physics. I wonder which courses I should take (are most suitable and usefull) in order to continue with mathematical physics in the future?
Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi,
Obviously you may need to take mathematics and statistics together with few other courses.
 
that I have already done. I was mostly interested in subjects like topology, differential geometry, string theory and other courses.
 
For a bachelors level it should be sufficient. What is the course curriculum for Bachelors in physics given in your university ?
But if you like those courses (string theory, which contains mostly of relativity and quantum physics) take them also. I would say that string theory is too much for a bachelors level. Anyway try learning quantum physics.
cheers
 
I have already done bachelor. I am going to do my master from next semester and then we have several courses to choose from like string theory, advanced classical mechanics, topology, differential geometry, quantum mechanics, quantum field theory.
We have already done introductory quantum physics as well.
I just wanted to know if there is anyone 'out there' who is planning to do masterprogram with specialisation mathematical physics.
Does anyone has experience of doing such program? Is it interesting?