Which combination of math and science is right for you?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gfrant
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cs Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Gfrant
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
I made a thread recently that asked whether I should major in CS + Physics or Computational Mathematics + Physics. However, I have inquired about CS + Physics and it seems like it is not achievable in a reasonable time frame at my Uni. I have since reformulated, and come to the following three choices:

Math + CS
Math + Physics
Computational Math + Physics

However, it appears that CS + Physics is simply not an option as it will take too much time.

Thank you
 
Physics news on Phys.org
CS + Physics is an odd combination. Math + physics is an ok combination, CS + math as well, but it has nothing to do with physics really, computational math + physics is a good combination in the modern computerized world.

If you want to work with computers and physics, then you'll want to do computational physics or similar, which is practically pretty much "computational math + physics".
 
Well, what is it that you want to do? Are you trying to do something like quantum computing that you're interested in combining physics and CS?