Which Feynman diagram or diagrams include feasible processes?

In summary, the conversation revolved around determining which Feynman diagram or diagrams include a feasible process. The term 'feasible' was clarified to mean 'allowed', and the importance of adhering to the rules of the vertices of a Feynman diagram was emphasized. The possibility of c) and d) being the correct processes was discussed, but the speaker could not explain why they were incorrect. The conversation ended with a reminder to think about and answer the posed question, and the OP expressed their intention to explain the lessons on Feynman diagrams. The thread was closed with the OP's original question restored."
physicscal
New user has been reminded to always show their work when posting schoolwork questions
Homework Statement
Which Feynman diagram or diagrams include feasible processes?
Relevant Equations
Homework Help
Screenshot_20221123-154800_FX.jpg

Hello friends.
I couldn't do it. Which Feynman diagram or diagrams has include feasible process?

Physics news on Phys.org
Define "feasible". Do you mean "allowed"? If so, think about what rules the vertices of a Feynman diagram need to satisfy.

Likes topsquark and physicscal
Yes. Possible process.

I see c) or d). But they are incorrect. Interesting I can't explain it.

physicscal said:
Yes. Possible process.

I see c) or d). But they are incorrect. Interesting I can't explain it.
Can you explain why you think these processes are possible/not possible?

-Dan

Likes Orodruin and physicscal
We have seen lessons, I research again and again my notes. Just the c or d seems possible process on Feynman diagram. I did them unfortunately they're not correct. I still search on Feynman diagrams on internet. Just c and d nearby to be possible.

Please take the time to think about and to answer the question posed to you in #4. Your reply is not an answer to that question, but should contain a reasoning based on what you know about Feynman diagrams.

Likes topsquark
Then, I have to explain all lesson about Feynman diagram )). Thank you.

OP tried to delete his original question to close the thread, which is not allowed. Thread is closed now with the OP restored.

Likes Orodruin, topsquark and phinds

1. What is a Feynman diagram?

A Feynman diagram is a visual representation of the interactions between subatomic particles in a quantum field theory. It is named after physicist Richard Feynman who developed the concept in the 1940s.

2. How do Feynman diagrams help in understanding feasible processes?

Feynman diagrams provide a way to calculate the probability of different particle interactions and their outcomes. By analyzing the diagrams, scientists can determine which processes are feasible and which are not based on the conservation of energy and momentum.

3. What is the significance of including all possible Feynman diagrams in a calculation?

Including all possible Feynman diagrams in a calculation is important because it allows for a more accurate prediction of the outcome of a particle interaction. Some processes may only be possible through a combination of multiple diagrams, and neglecting any of them could lead to incorrect results.

4. Are there any limitations to using Feynman diagrams to determine feasible processes?

Yes, Feynman diagrams are limited in their ability to accurately predict processes involving strong nuclear forces, such as those occurring within the nucleus of an atom. In these cases, other mathematical models are used.

5. Can Feynman diagrams be used to study processes beyond the subatomic level?

Yes, Feynman diagrams can also be applied to study processes at larger scales, such as in astrophysics or cosmology. They can help in understanding the interactions between particles and fields in the early universe or in extreme environments like black holes.