Which Forum Is Best for Introductory Chemistry Questions?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wanting to Learn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Chemistry
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Wanting to Learn
Hello,
PF in general and specifically the Intro Physics homework forum have been so helpful to me.
I have a friend who is taking (introductory?) chemistry in his first year of college, and I'm wanting to recommend one of the forums on here for him to ask questions/get help with the concepts and work, as I do for physics.
I was wondering whether I should direct him to the general Chemistry forum (where this post is) or to the forum for Biology, Chemistry and Earth Homework.
Thanks!
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Homework for Biology, Chemistry forum is the choice for problems and questions about how to solve things.

BTW it is not up to some poll, it is just one the rules we have.
 
Okay. I was mostly just interested in how polls work, more than as an answer for this specific question.
What about questions about concepts-not specifically homework problems, just trying to understand the concepts that are being taught (or not really taught but we are supposed to know/learn) in class?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wanting to Learn said:
What about questions about concepts-not specifically homework problems, just trying to understand the concepts that are being taught (or not really taught but we are supposed to know/learn) in class?

These will be a perfect fit for the Chemistry forum.

The line between questions that should be asked here and there is sometimes thin. If your friend follows the general idea of explaining what s/he knows and where the problem lies (basically as if trying to fill the HW template) in the worst case we will just move the question. S/he can always state s/he was not sure where to post.
 
Borek said:
These will be a perfect fit for the Chemistry forum.
Okay, thank you!