Which ideas do you think are intriguing?

Near Newton
Looking in the mirror I just got a glimpse at the definition of a limit(Calculus) plus the beginning of calculus (Derivates & Integrals) then comes the usual goosebumps followed by a smile.And you? Which ideas are interesting for you to share?

Physics news on Phys.org
I like how so much of math was transformed by the Pythagorean theorem.

Likes dRic2
I like that the second law of Kepler is just the law of conservation of angular momentum said in a different way. It made me realize of much more we can understand about something by just changing our point of view

1. What makes an idea intriguing?

An intriguing idea is one that sparks curiosity and stimulates the imagination. It is often unconventional, thought-provoking, and has the potential to challenge existing beliefs or systems.

2. How do you determine which ideas are intriguing?

As a scientist, I use a combination of critical thinking, research, and experimentation to evaluate the potential of an idea. I also consider factors such as its relevance, feasibility, and potential impact.

3. Can an idea be both intriguing and scientifically valid?

Absolutely. In fact, some of the most groundbreaking scientific discoveries started as intriguing ideas that were later proven to be valid through rigorous experimentation and analysis.

4. Are there certain fields or topics that tend to have more intriguing ideas?

Every field has the potential for intriguing ideas, but I believe that those that involve complex systems, unknown phenomena, or unexplained mysteries are more likely to generate fascinating and thought-provoking ideas.

5. How can we encourage the development of intriguing ideas?

One way is to foster a creative and open-minded environment where individuals are encouraged to think outside the box and share their ideas without fear of judgement. Collaboration and diversity of perspectives can also lead to the generation of intriguing ideas.