1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which is better? BS in Applied Math or Physics?

1. Dec 20, 2005 #1
    If someone is to not go to graduate school, which degree is better? Which degree provides more job opportunites? Keep in mind I know there are not many, and this is not my situation. I'm just curious.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 21, 2005 #2
    Why not try for a double in Applied Math and Physics? That's what I have, and there was only an extra year of work involved. As for job opportunities, teachers are always in short supply (especially for math). There is an abundance of technology jobs, but not a lot for entry level (even with graduate degrees), or so the ads say. You're college's career center if they have one) is a great resource for jobs.
  4. Dec 21, 2005 #3
    If you're looking for something that will allow you to apply mathematics and physics, have you checked out engineering?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?