Which path should I choose? (Computer Engineering, Math, Cosmology ?)

In summary, the conversation revolved around a computer engineering student's dilemma in choosing a career path. They expressed their interest in mathematics, cosmology, and electronics, and questioned if they should switch paths. The suggestion of pursuing observational cosmology, which combines their interests, was given and the difference between observational cosmology and cosmology was discussed. Ultimately, the student thanked the person for their advice.
pvk21
I am currently computer engineering student(second year).
Well its not like I don't like computer engineering.but somtimes I think I should have chosen another path.I am pretty good at mathematics.I like to solve maths problems.I am also fascinated about cosmology.I like electronics as well.I can't think of which path I should choose?I don't know if I still got chance to change my carrier path.

Physics news on Phys.org
Observational cosmology would blend your love of electronics with your love of cosmology.

Likes Niflheim
Is there any difference between observational cosmology and cosmology?

Well, I'd say that one is empirical science and the other mostly is not, but that might rub a few individuals on these boards the wrong way, so I'll just say that one is more or less the experimental aspect while the other is the theoretical aspect.

Oh ok I get it.thanx for advice.

Related to Which path should I choose? (Computer Engineering, Math, Cosmology ?)

1. What is the difference between Computer Engineering, Math, and Cosmology?

Computer Engineering is a field that combines principles of computer science and electrical engineering to design and develop computer systems and software. Math is a broad field that deals with the study of numbers, shapes, and patterns. Cosmology is a branch of astronomy that focuses on the study of the origin, evolution, and structure of the universe.

2. What are the career options for each of these fields?

Computer Engineering can lead to careers in software engineering, hardware engineering, computer programming, and more. Math can lead to careers in education, finance, statistics, and data analysis. Cosmology can lead to careers in astrophysics, research, and academia.

3. Which field has the most job opportunities?

Currently, computer engineering has a higher demand for professionals due to the rapid growth of technology in various industries. However, both math and cosmology also have a steady demand for professionals in research and academia.

4. Which field has the highest salary potential?

The salary potential for each field can vary greatly depending on the specific job and location. However, in general, computer engineering tends to have higher salary potential due to the demand for professionals in the tech industry.

5. How can I determine which field is the best fit for me?

It's important to consider your interests, strengths, and career goals when choosing a field of study. Consider taking introductory courses or speaking with professionals in each field to gain a better understanding of the subject matter and potential career paths. It's also helpful to research the job market and demand for professionals in each field to make an informed decision.