I want to work in a space agency Which path should I choose?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
EsPg
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Hello everybody!

I'm currently in the last year of my undergraduate studies in physics and I'm really happy because I'm finally having the chance to focus on what I like, Astronomy.

Next year I'll be starting a Master Degree in the National Observatory here in Colombia but I'm also planning on applying to some universities in Canada. My question comes here, I have to choose a path (main topic) to follow in the Ms and PhD but I don't want something too theoretical because I want to have the chance to work at some point out of the academic area and hopefully in a space agency.

The common options here are Cosmology, Stellar evolution, Celestial Mechanics, AGN's, Quantum Black Holes.

So, ¿Do you think any of these would allow me? If not, ¿which topic do you recommend?

Thank you very much!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Well the answer is many friend. I asked a lot of questions like that in this forums, that i got 8 point infractions.

Well back to your question(which i also asked)

You may works as

-Mechanical Engineer
-Electrical Engineer
-Aerospace Engineer
-Chemist
-Physicist
-etc, etc.

Imagine a Ship. The ship needs mechanical parts, needs guidance systems, comunications systems, computers, chemistry and solid state for its components.
In resume you can go with those kind of careers.

Personally i choosed Physics becouse it encompases many fields and i like physics(obviusly xD) and math.

Well ill give you this link to a video of a guy working in NASA building robots for space exploration, and he says his career:



PS:Sorry for my english is not the best.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oops i only readed the name of the thread. By the things you say man you should go for physics, i think the name of the field will be astrophysics.