Which physics texts have COMPLETE solutions manuals

In summary, the person is looking for a calculus-based textbook with a complete solutions manual and asks if anyone knows where to find one. They are informed that most textbooks have solutions manuals for instructors only, but they can be found on cramster.com for a fee. The legality of obtaining these solutions manuals is also discussed.
torquemada
I've been reading halliday and resnick, but i have no motivation to do the problems since they only have solutions for a small minority of them. i was wondering if anyone knows of calc based texts with a corresponding complete solutions manual (or at least every odd/even problem at the very minimum)? thanks so much :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Most of them have complete solutions manuals... for instructors.

anyway to get those?

torquemada said:
anyway to get those?

Not "legally", unless you're an instructor.

Go to cramster.com for a reasonable fee they have most of the solutions for most of the major texts used for college courses.

fss said:
Not "legally", unless you're an instructor.

lol - will they come after you?

torquemada said:
lol - will they come after you?

No, they just won't sell them to you in the first place. Typically the sale of such items is double checked by your university's regional sales representative to ensure that you are someone who should have access to those publications.

1. What is a solutions manual?

A solutions manual is a supplementary resource that provides step-by-step solutions to problems in a specific textbook. It is meant to assist students in understanding and practicing the concepts taught in the textbook.

2. Why do some textbooks have solutions manuals while others do not?

The decision to include a solutions manual with a textbook is usually made by the publisher. Some textbooks, especially those in higher level courses, may not have a solutions manual available due to the complexity of the problems and the need for students to develop problem-solving skills on their own.

3. Are solutions manuals the same as answer keys?

No, solutions manuals are not the same as answer keys. Answer keys typically only provide the final answer to a problem, while solutions manuals provide a detailed explanation of how to arrive at the answer.

4. Can I use a solutions manual to cheat on assignments or exams?

No, solutions manuals should be used as a study aid to help students understand the concepts and practice problem-solving skills. It is not ethical to use a solutions manual to cheat on assignments or exams.

5. How can I access solutions manuals for a specific physics textbook?

Solutions manuals can often be purchased separately from the textbook or may be available for free on the publisher's website. Some university libraries may also have copies available for students to use. Alternatively, students can form study groups to work through problems together and compare their solutions.