1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which UC for Physics/Astrophysics?

1. Apr 21, 2015 #1
    Hi everyone. I am pursuing a career in astrophysics research and was accepted into UCSB and UCSC as a transfer student. I am leaning towards entering the UCSC astrophysics program, but am also considering going into UCSB as a physics major and doing minor work on astrophysics. Are both options equally viable, in terms of availability of undergrad research and as pathways to graduate school? Are there factors I may not have considered?

Also, there is some risk factor in choosing to go to UCSC, because they have a minimum GPA requirement for lower division physics courses I may have to appeal to meet.

Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 27, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Apr 28, 2015 #3
    Both UCB and UCSB are top schools in physics. UCSC is a little behind, but a really good school regardless. I'd say check out their research in astrophysics and the undergraduate curriculum to decide which school is the best for you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook