Who knows the Guldin-Pappus theoreme?

• Thread starter negri
  • Start date
In summary, the Guldin-Pappus theorem is a mathematical theorem that relates the volumes of two solids with the same cross-sectional areas. It was independently discovered by two mathematicians, Paul Guldin and Pappus of Alexandria, in the 17th century. The theorem has many applications in geometry and engineering, particularly in calculating the volume of irregularly shaped objects. It is commonly used in real-life scenarios, such as in engineering and architecture, to calculate the volume of complex objects. The Guldin-Pappus theorem is still relevant and widely used today in various fields of mathematics and engineering.
negri
anyone
if you know the theoreme and can explain it to me, please do! please!:confused:

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Hi negri, welcome to PF.

Did you try searching? Because on the first result page Google spits out this which seems quite clear to me.
What do you want us to explain?

thnx!:blushing:

ok, now I've looked on to it and there is nothing extra then i already knew, but how can i use it to calculate an equilateral triangle's centroem?

1. What is the Guldin-Pappus theorem?

The Guldin-Pappus theorem, also known as the Pappus-Guldin theorem, is a mathematical theorem that relates the volumes of two solids that have the same cross-sectional areas.

2. Who discovered the Guldin-Pappus theorem?

The Guldin-Pappus theorem was discovered independently by two mathematicians, Paul Guldin and Pappus of Alexandria, in the 17th century.

3. What is the significance of the Guldin-Pappus theorem?

The Guldin-Pappus theorem has many applications in geometry and engineering, particularly in calculating the volume of irregularly shaped objects.

4. How is the Guldin-Pappus theorem used in real life?

The Guldin-Pappus theorem is commonly used in engineering and architecture to calculate the volume of irregularly shaped objects, such as bridges, buildings, and sculptures.

5. Is the Guldin-Pappus theorem still relevant today?

Yes, the Guldin-Pappus theorem is still relevant and widely used in various fields of mathematics and engineering, particularly in the calculation of volumes and surface areas of complex objects.