Who moved my cheese? How do I log out?

• Thread starter jim hardy
  • Start date
In summary,The "My PF" dropdown doesn't show "logout". The new stuff recently added pushed it down below the bottom of page. Scrolling down by either up-down arrow key or the drag slider at right didn't work first time. It worked twice after that, but now it refuses again to scroll and i am unable to log out.
jim hardy
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
What happened to Log Out in My Pf dropdown?

What is two step verification ?

How do i log out now?

aaarrgghhhh - Who moved my cheese ?

old jim

Physics news on Phys.org
"My PF" -> Log Out? I see it, bottom right.

I still see it in the My PF dropdown (on desktop). It's the last entry, aligned one row below the "two step verification" but in the left hand column.

Jim, like the previous two posters I see it as well (desktop). Are you running from a mobile app?

Aha ! Have to scroll down to find it now .

"Grumpy Old Man Syndrome... '

thanks folks...

Inconsistent Software Someplace

"My PF" dropdown doesn't show "logout".
The new stuff recently added pushed it down below the bottom of page.

Scrolling down by either up-down arrow key or the drag slider at right didnt work first time, so i started this thread. It worked twice after that, now it refuses again to scroll and i am unable to log out.
The page behind the dropdown scrolls but the dropdown itself stays stationary and is not tall enough to show logout. It ends at two step verification.Before Microsoft computers were predictable
but no more
"Consistency is be the bugaboo of little minds" i know,,,,
Surely when Leonard Cohen sang "You will not like it here - There's no one left to torture "
was he addressing Bill Gates ?

can you PLEASE move logout to top of the "My Pf" dropdown list? Surely it's used more frequently than some of those other things...

Likes nsaspook
jim hardy said:
"My PF" dropdown doesn't show "logout".
The new stuff recently added pushed it down below the bottom of page.

That's odd... :oldconfused:

upload_2016-3-23_20-2-10.png

Last edited:
Odd, you are missing the "show on-line status" checkbox. Also, note that the bottom line is separated by an HTML dropdown box separator line which explains why it isn't on the same line as "password" in your box.

Capture.JPG

Likes OCR
phinds said:
Odd, you are missing the "show on-line status" checkbox:

I think you need to be a "Gold Member" for that option... not sure, though ?

No "Bookmarks" option, or "update your status", either ?Edit:
Also, note that the bottom line is separated by an HTML dropdown box separator line which explains why it isn't on the same line as "password" in your box.

Yeah, I see that...

jim hardy said:
What happened to Log Out in My Pf dropdown?

What is two step verification ?

How do i log out now?

aaarrgghhhh - Who moved my cheese ?

old jim
Unless you are on a public computer, there is no need to log out,
just leave the page ... PF will show that you are no longer online
in the members online now column on the lower right side of the
PF main pageDave

OCR said:
I think you need to be a "Gold Member" for that option... not sure, though ?
Yes, only gold members can hide. Yeah Baby!

here's what it looks like

upload_2016-3-24_11-28-20.png
i found a workaround, Firefox tools allows to zoom in or out . At about 80% 'Logout' appears on bottom. Works okay today. Tomorrow , who knows ?

davenn said:
Unless you are on a public computer, there is no need to log out,
just leave the page ... PF will show that you are no longer online
in the members online now column on the lower right side of the
PF main page

Thanks, but i prefer to always close the door behind me.
"Internet security" is an oxymoron.

(grumpy) old jim

You can go to https://www.physicsforums.com/logout/ manually. The link does not log you out directly, you have to confirm it.

jim hardy said:
can you PLEASE move logout to top of the "My Pf" dropdown list? Surely it's used more frequently than some of those other things...

That just makes sense. Doesn't it?

Likes jim hardy
jim hardy said:
here's what it looks like
This is because we're about to add a link directory which added "your links" option which bumped some options out of your view because your screen resolution is very low. I will look into adding it to the top.

Likes jim hardy
Thanks Greg

i'm watching at 90% , you'll perhaps understand my whine when you get ready for bifocals...

Thanks for considering !

Likes dlgoff
Thanks Greg !

ThanksGreg.jpg

Likes Greg Bernhardt
jim hardy said:
Thanks Greg !
I need to find a new way to annoy you :biggrin::sorry:

Likes dlgoff, jim mcnamara and jim hardy

1. What is "Who Moved My Cheese?"

"Who Moved My Cheese?" is a popular self-help book written by Spencer Johnson. It is a parable that uses the story of two mice and two humans who are faced with unexpected changes in their cheese supply to teach readers how to deal with change and adapt to new situations.

2. What is the main message of "Who Moved My Cheese?"

The main message of "Who Moved My Cheese?" is that change is inevitable and it is important to anticipate and adapt to it in order to be successful and happy in life. It also emphasizes the importance of not getting stuck in old ways of thinking and being open to new opportunities.

3. Who is the intended audience for "Who Moved My Cheese?"

The book is geared towards people of all ages and backgrounds who are struggling with change and looking for ways to cope and thrive in uncertain situations. It can be helpful for individuals in both personal and professional settings.

4. How can "Who Moved My Cheese?" be applied in the workplace?

The book is often used as a management tool to help employees and leaders navigate change and improve their attitudes and behaviors towards it. It can be applied in the workplace by encouraging employees to be proactive and adaptable, and by providing strategies for dealing with resistance to change.

5. How do I log out of "Who Moved My Cheese?"

"Who Moved My Cheese?" is not a digital platform, so there is no need to log out. You can simply close the book or put it down when you are finished reading it. However, it is important to remember the lessons and principles from the book and continue to apply them in your life even after you have finished reading it.