Who Was Charlie Mops in Beer History?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheStatutoryApe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Beer
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
48 replies · 13K views
TheStatutoryApe said:
Lord Bless Charlie Mops.

He invented a wonderful drink, and he made it out of hops.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I've been enjoying beer commercials lately-
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Strange this came up. I went to a beer festival yesterday. They have 52 beers on. I managed to try 9 of them. :smile:
 
fuzzyfelt said:
I've been enjoying beer commercials lately-
Heh. You can watch a video of a commercial on Youtube, but first have to watch an actual commercial before the video starts!

I like this one best among the Heinekens:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
gokul43201 said:
heh. You can watch a video of a commercial on youtube, but first have to watch an actual commercial before the video starts!

I like this one best among the heinekens:



lol!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Math Is Hard said:
Do they still make London Pride?

Yep!
 
Kurdt said:
Yep!

I used to enjoy that while throwing darts. Haven't seen it in a while, but then, I haven't played darts in years.
 
Math Is Hard said:
I used to enjoy that while throwing darts. Haven't seen it in a while, but then, I haven't played darts in years.

But they’re still talking about you, “Maths stepped up to the oche, cool as a prized marrow, even Hypotenuse would have trouble working out her angles, she had the consistency of a planet in a darts orbit- Maths reasoned…Maths quickened…Ahhhhhh Maths!”

Ok, maybe that was about some other darts players, but British commentary (in this case, Sid Waddell) is amazing!
 
fuzzyfelt said:
But they’re still talking about you, “Maths stepped up to the oche, cool as a prized marrow, even Hypotenuse would have trouble working out her angles, she had the consistency of a planet in a darts orbit- Maths reasoned…Maths quickened…Ahhhhhh Maths!”

Ok, maybe that was about some other darts players, but British commentary (in this case, Sid Waddell) is amazing!

:smile: I will have to Google this Sid Waddell.
 
The Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier Naturtrüb is just amazing!
My friend made me drink one of those and now that's the only one I really like. Too bad there's only a few bars that serve it.
 
Sakha said:
The Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier Naturtrüb is just amazing!
My friend made me drink one of those and now that's the only one I really like. Too bad there's only a few bars that serve it.

Quite excellent and rare too!
 
I think my favorite is a Belgian - Grimbergen Blonde.

Gentlemen prefer blonde's.
 
Pacifico/Modelo (Especial), Chimay, Duvel, Piraat, Blue Moon, Lindemans Lambic, Monks Sour Red Ale

of course a 40 of Olde English is always a good choice to start the night off right!
 
I usually rotate the following:

  • Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
  • Red Tail Ale
  • Moose Drool
  • Widmer Bros. Hefeweizen
 
Redbelly98 said:
What, no Old Milwaukee for you Greg?

Truth be told I really don't take to any beers by Miller, Schlitz or Pabst :D As far as WI beers go I can enjoy some by New Glarus, Point and Leinenkugels.
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
of course a 40 of Olde English

my standard during college, plus a big oil can of foster's