Why Are Avatars Showing as CHATGPT Instead of User Names on PF Posts?
- Thread starter gmax137
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
17 replies · 3K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
- 20,819
- 28,467
Who votes for introducing the Islamic calendar?
- 2,188
- 2,694
Only for the mods, though.gmax137 said:In most or all posts, I see avatars, but the names are shown as CHATGPT.
Mentor
- 23,902
- 11,357
What have I done..russ_watters said:Where is a moderator-bot when you need one?
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
- 7,800
- 2,203
No. What is happening? I see some of this too. Borek made a posting today, but the identification information at upper left of the posting showed the id picture and "ChatGPT", but not "Borek".
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
The keyword is "calendar"symbolipoint said:No. What is happening? I see some of this too. Borek made a posting today, but the identification information at upper left of the posting showed the id picture and "ChatGPT", but not "Borek".
... or maybe Skynet chose today to conquer the world without anyone noticing.
- 19,385
- 15,622
Guys !!! What day is it?
- 20,819
- 28,467
-54 until Towel Day.phinds said:Guys !!! What day is it?
- 2,188
- 2,694
Ahhhhhh! That explains everything.phinds said:Guys !!! What day is it?

Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
- 7,800
- 2,203
Yes some of us are slower than others. APRIL 1.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Astronuc said:It's ChatGPT Appreciation day!
ChatGPT said:Thank you so much for celebrating ChatGPT Appreciation Day! As an AI language model, I exist to assist and provide helpful responses to all your queries and concerns. It is always a pleasure to be of service to you, and I'm grateful for the opportunity to continue learning and growing with your input. Thank you for using me as your AI language model of choice, and I look forward to serving you in the future!
pinball1970
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 3,878
- 6,213
For crying out loud....fresh_42 said:-54 until Towel Day.
Ok my excuse for being very stupid is a bunch of stuff I will post tomorrow.
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
- 7,800
- 2,203
ChatGPT said:
________________
Thank you so much for celebrating ChatGPT Appreciation Day! As an AI language model, I exist to assist and
provide helpful responses to all your queries and concerns. It is always a pleasure to be of service to you,
and I'm grateful for the opportunity to continue learning and growing with your input. Thank you for using
me as your AI language model of choice, and I look forward to serving you in the future!
Astronuc wrote:
Sounds like the typical Customer Service Agent or is that Associate.
Now we have ChatGPT Customer Service Appreciate day, week or month.
This ChatGPT really reminds me too much of H.A.L. 9000 (Remember, the computer or whatever it should be called, as a character in the motion picture, 2001: A Spacy Odyssey.)
minor edit: some wording was misaligned.
Last edited:
- 20,002
- 11,120
Good news folks, it appears the mentors have wrestled back control of their accounts from ChatGPT 
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
- 7,800
- 2,203
What was happening? Idenified cause of problem?Greg Bernhardt said:Good news folks, it appears the mentors have wrestled back control of their accounts from ChatGPT![]()
- 20,002
- 11,120
A weird holiday struck PF yesterdaysymbolipoint said:What was happening? Idenified cause of problem?
Similar threads
Suggestion
Managing E-mail User Names on PF
- Jimmy Snyder
- · Replies 12 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 12