Why are we worried about North Korea?

• Thread starter scott1
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the North Korean leader's alleged scientific achievements and golfing abilities. One participant is no longer worried about North Korean nukes, while another is skeptical of the reported accomplishments. The conversation also mentions a website dedicated to North Korea.
scott1
I'm no longer worried about the North Korean nukes for good reason. I found this form http://www.korea-dpr.com/" :
He also worked out powerful ideological and theoretical weapon for the Korean revolution by giving scientific answers to the urgent problems arising in the revolution and construction.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I can't till he signs up on PF:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, we're all very impressed at how Mr. Il's personal scientific investigations solved the problem of mass starvations.

:mad:

By the way, scott1, what the heck is your point?

Newspaper reports in N. Korea also stated KJI scored 18 holes in one the first time he played golf. I don't think even the N. Koreans believe much of that, although I doubt very many of them have ever been on a golf course or appreciate just how impossible that is.

1. Why is North Korea a concern for global security?

North Korea's nuclear weapons program and aggressive foreign policies have raised concerns among other countries about their potential threat to global security. They have conducted multiple nuclear tests and missile launches, which violate international agreements and could potentially lead to a nuclear conflict.

2. How does North Korea's relationship with other countries impact their status as a threat?

North Korea's isolation and tense relationships with other countries, particularly the United States and South Korea, contribute to their status as a potential threat. Their unpredictability and lack of communication with the international community make it difficult to determine their intentions and potential actions.

3. What actions has the international community taken to address North Korea's nuclear program?

The United Nations has implemented economic sanctions on North Korea in an attempt to pressure them into halting their nuclear program. The U.S. and South Korea also regularly conduct military exercises in the region as a show of force and to maintain readiness in case of any potential aggression from North Korea.

4. How does North Korea's human rights record play a role in global concerns?

North Korea has a long history of human rights abuses, including political oppression, forced labor, and concentration camps. This raises concerns not only for the well-being of the North Korean people, but also for the potential impact on regional stability and global human rights standards.

5. What is the likelihood of a full-scale conflict involving North Korea?

It is difficult to determine the likelihood of a full-scale conflict involving North Korea, as it ultimately depends on their actions and the response of other countries. However, the potential consequences of a nuclear conflict make it a significant concern for global security and efforts are being made to prevent such a scenario.