Why Can't I Get a V-I Curve on My Agilent Oscilloscope?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ai52487963
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Curve Oscilloscope
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Ai52487963
Messages
111
Reaction score
0
Ok, we have a standard Agilent oscilloscope and need to get a V-I curve for this bad boy. We got a BNC cable with our V and another with our I, but we can't get a V-I curve at all. We just get 2 flat lines that correspond to V and I independantly.

Our instructions say we just plug V into the X end of the 'scope and the I into the Y. Is there a menu somewhere to set this thing or what?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You need to set the 'scope to XY mode. Here are instructions for several Agilent models:

http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/faqDetail.jspx?cc=US&lc=eng&ckey=737462&nid=-35802.383408.02&id=737462
 
Last edited by a moderator: