Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Why can't i sent parameters to an IDC(I.D. Control)

1. Feb 13, 2008 #1
    Why can't i send parameters to an IDC(I.D. Control)

I'm programming a MFC project in C++ using Visual Studio. I'm trying to send 2 parameters through an IDC, so the values of these variables can past through other methods, but i keep getting an error message:error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'void (__thiscall CMFC_testDlg::* )(int &,int &)' to 'AFX_PMSG'
    So I took the "afx_msg" off of the class function in my header file, but it still doesn't work. It keeps referring back to this line of code in my Message Map: "ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_Multiply, OnBnClickedMultiply)" What could I do to pass parameters to a Control, or is it just not possible? Let me know if you need anymore info to help me out. Thankx In Advance!!!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 13, 2008 #2

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You can't have any arguements to the OnBnClicked function it must be "void OnBnClicked()"

If you have a function DoBlah(int a,int b) that must be called when clicked you have to do something like

void OnBnClicked()
    {
    DoBlah(m_a,m_b);
    }

Where m_a, m_b are member variables set somewhere else

4. Feb 13, 2008 #3
    Ok! I think I know what you mean. I tried that before, but I think I put in the wrong function call. I'll try it again your way. I would have move some things around to get the right results, though. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your help.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook