Why did I start getting sick more often after moving in with my husband?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Nintend0possum
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
TL;DR
Me and My husband and his family seem to always be getting sick about every other month or so. This is extremely annoying to me as I used to never get sick when I lived in a complete different state. I’ve been living here for 2 years now. Why is this happening?
Ok.. When me and my husband were dating, I lived in a state 800 miles away from him. I noticed he got sick more often than I did.. I thought it was poor immune system and genetics, because I barely ever got sick but he and his family did. When we got married and I moved to where he was.. I started getting sick as often as he did. We live in the same neighborhood as his parents. Can environment cause perpetual sickness? What could this be?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
It would help to know the states involved.

Some states have higher level and variety of allergens in the air than others.

In California, Oregon and other states there are likely remnants of recent fires still in the air and on trees and shrubs that could give you a dose of allergens.
 
Could be environment. Heck, could be a toxin in your home.

You haven't specified what you mean by "sick". Maybe you're experiencing anemia, weakness, and kidney impairment from lead toxicity for all we know.
 
We do not give medical advice on this forum. It's OK to give general medical information and the previous posters have done that. But it is bordering on advice, so after giving my experience on this matter I will close the thread.

I would get sinus trouble every now and then like most people. Then I moved to the capital of Australia, Canberra. I was sick with sinus all the time. It waxed and waned, but was always there to some extent. When really bad I had to go away for a while. I saw my doctor who said Canberra is likely the allergy/sinus capital of the world because of the large number of pine forests it has with its associated pollen. Many people have sinus problems all the time, and I was one of them.

I moved back to Brisbane, Australia - and guess what it went away. So the answer to your question is yes, but a medical practitioner is needed to sort it out. Please see one. I am sure many others can give similar experiences regarding sickness and where you live but all it will do is reinforce yes it is possible. Seeing your doctor to sort it out is the answer. With that thread closed.

Thanks
Bill
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman