Why does Google Images keep jumping to the top of the page?

In summary, the speaker is experiencing an issue with Google Images where clicking on thumbnail pictures causes the whole page to jump to the top. They have tried resetting to a previous date but it did not fix the issue. They are wondering if this is a permanent problem or if it can be fixed. They mention using Firefox version 34.0 but do not specify their operating system or browser versions.
Dear Computer People,
Perhaps most everyone is familiar with google images. There are thumbnail pictures, you click on them and they enlarge. Now when I do this, the whole page jumps to the top every time. Only this last week did this begin. I tried to rejuvenate using the reset to previous date, but it didn't fix it. Is this a permanent thing now, or can I fix it?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Helios said:
Dear Computer People,
Perhaps most everyone is familiar with google images. There are thumbnail pictures, you click on them and they enlarge. Now when I do this, the whole page jumps to the top every time. Only this last week did this begin. I tried to rejuvenate using the reset to previous date, but it didn't fix it. Is this a permanent thing now, or can I fix it?
I don't notice this happening in Firefox version 34.0. What operating system and browser are you using (and versions)?

What is "Google images annoyance"?

"Google images annoyance" refers to the frustration or irritation experienced by users when using the Google Images search engine. This can include issues such as irrelevant or inappropriate search results, difficulty in finding the desired image, or slow loading times.

Why do people get annoyed with Google Images?

People may get annoyed with Google Images for various reasons, such as irrelevant search results, difficulty in finding the desired image, or slow loading times. Additionally, some users may also be annoyed by the constant changes and updates to the layout and features of Google Images.

How can Google Images be improved to reduce annoyance?

Google Images can be improved by constantly updating and improving their algorithms to provide more relevant and accurate search results. Additionally, providing more customization options and filters for users to refine their search can also help reduce annoyance. Improving the loading speed of images can also make the user experience more seamless.

What should I do if I am experiencing annoyance with Google Images?

If you are experiencing annoyance with Google Images, you can try using different keywords or filters to refine your search. You can also give feedback to Google through their feedback form to let them know about any issues you are facing. Additionally, you can also try using alternative image search engines to see if they provide a better user experience for your needs.

Is Google doing anything to address the issue of "Google images annoyance"?

Google is constantly working to improve their search algorithms and user experience for Google Images. They regularly roll out updates and changes based on user feedback and data analysis. They also have a dedicated team that focuses on addressing any issues or concerns related to Google Images. However, as with any search engine, it may not always be able to provide perfect results for every user and every search query.