Why Does the Green Curve Have Higher Probability at the Left of the Barrier?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Black Integra
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Hello people, I'm trying to plot probability distributions from the given potential numerically.
These are the results (particle coming from the right)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/546478_516459578368236_1799346634_n.jpg

What I want to know is why does the green curves (n=1) have higher probability at the left of the barrier? Why not the right(as the other curves)?

Or if my results are completely wrong?

Can anybody analyze my results, please...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean by "particle coming from the right"? If you have infinite barriers on both the left and the right, then you are presumably calculating the energy eigenfunctions, and these should be either symmetric or antisymmetric about the center.
 
sorry for the question, I have found my fault.