Why is the lack of spaces after punctuation becoming a common trend?
- Thread starter davenn
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 1K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
- 20,002
- 11,121
No sure if this is funny or sad :(
Mentor
- 23,902
- 11,357
That's ok: The high school I went to had a banner that said we were "A National School of Excellene"
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 9,747
- 11,967
,speaking of grammar etc
have you guys noticed the increasing trend of late of people not leaving spaces after punctuation marks in their text ?
I see it regularly on PF and other forums
eg. ( just a random bit of text I have altered to show what I am referring to)
How much charge remains in any battery is a complex function of the chemistry of the battery,the ambient temperature,the unloaded terminal voltage,the loaded terminal voltage,and (for NiCd batteries) the charge/discharge history.The only reliable way to "measure" the remaining charge is to know the charge/discharge history of the battery.There are integrated circuits used for battery management that can do this task fairly well for some battery chemistries.For wet-cell lead-acid batteries,the specific gravity of the electrolyte at a known temperature gives a reliable estimate of the charge condition.I really cannot understand what their aversion is to putting spaces after commas and periods ?
cheers
Dave
have you guys noticed the increasing trend of late of people not leaving spaces after punctuation marks in their text ?
I see it regularly on PF and other forums
eg. ( just a random bit of text I have altered to show what I am referring to)
How much charge remains in any battery is a complex function of the chemistry of the battery,the ambient temperature,the unloaded terminal voltage,the loaded terminal voltage,and (for NiCd batteries) the charge/discharge history.The only reliable way to "measure" the remaining charge is to know the charge/discharge history of the battery.There are integrated circuits used for battery management that can do this task fairly well for some battery chemistries.For wet-cell lead-acid batteries,the specific gravity of the electrolyte at a known temperature gives a reliable estimate of the charge condition.I really cannot understand what their aversion is to putting spaces after commas and periods ?
cheers
Dave
Similar threads
- jtbell
- · Replies 23 ·
- Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology
- Replies
- 23