Mentor
- 50,899
- 26,924
Yes, that would be appropriate.DanMP said:Maybe I'll open a new thread for it.
Yes, that would be appropriate.DanMP said:Maybe I'll open a new thread for it.
Sorry, i cannot see how with the interpretation you propose makes Newtons theory at all usable.Dale said:I think this is wrong. Classical mechanics (including Newton Cartan) is self consistent considering clocks as measuring t.
Newton’s theory is not useable at relativistic speed.Killtech said:i cannot see how with the interpretation you propose makes Newtons theory at all usable.
Consider a clock … with relativistic speed
Not according to Newtonian mechanics. Newtonian mechanics predicts that all three produce the same result.Killtech said:You will get 3 different results.
That is a contradiction with experiment, not a contradiction in the interpretation.Killtech said:the very same absolute time, so you have a contradiction right in your interpretation
No. I have already pointed this out more than once, and so has @Dale. You are confusing the interpretation of the theory with the fact that it makes wrong predictions.Killtech said:Consider a clock on earths surface and another one in orbit, and a last one passing earth with relativistic speed, all of them measuring the time it takes earth spin one full turn. You will get 3 different results. The interpretation you apply will map those 3 different values to 1