Why search engines fail to index pages visible on the site

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
mech-eng
Messages
826
Reaction score
13
Can you explain me why search engines sometimes can not find existing entries. I can find them in the site, I can see them but Google and Bing can not find them.

Best Regards.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe the search engines simply haven't found that content yet. The content might have been added after the search engine spiders last visited the site. Or the site might be structured in such a way as to make the content inaccessible (or at least not easily accessible) to the spiders. For example, it used to be the case that Google couldn't crawl links inside Javascript code; I haven't kept up with this so I don't know if it's still true.