Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Why the US can't afford socialized public health care

1. Jan 7, 2006 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 8, 2006 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

That's nuts.

What we don't see is the footage of him in the emergency room later for spinal inujuries.

4. Jan 8, 2006 #3
    Completely insane. must be a trainee stuntman or something. Either that or an extremely lucky moron.

5. Jan 8, 2006 #4

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

6. Jan 8, 2006 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Yah, it's pretty annoying. Normal people try not to drive 120mph on the freeway, we stay away from juggling swords, don't try to haul 500lb objects up a flight of stairs by ourselves.... etc etc.... and then comes these kids who seem hell bent on getting themselves hurt in the most dramatic fashion possible.

7. Jan 8, 2006 #6
    holy crap- That is insane How did he walk away from that?

8. Jan 8, 2006 #7

Astronuc

He's lucky. Perhaps he has experience at backflipping and just wanted to prove something. He walked away this time. Others have not been so fortunate.

9. Jan 8, 2006 #8

Pengwuino

Gold Member

You wonder how many people will be... "inspired" to try to duplicate this.

10. Jan 8, 2006 #9
    By the looks of it that guy has experience. It's not easy to be able to time it like he did and land just as your feat are coming around, and to bend the knees and absorb the landing. Pretty amazing flip though, if stupid.

11. Jan 8, 2006 #10

Evo

I was thinking the same thing, he seemed pretty confident that he knew he could do it. Unlike that poor guy in Fred's post. :surprised

12. Jan 8, 2006 #11

WOW, that's very impressive.

This guy is certainly a professional otherwise this kind of "trick" cannot work. I mean, just to be able to do a back flip on an ordinary trampoline requires much training. To do this, one needs to be very confident.

marlon

13. Jan 8, 2006 #12

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Maybe its just a coincadence? I mean i'm sure theres hundreds of people who end up breaking their legs on video... and statistically SOMEONE has to hit it right on the money eventually...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?