Why Variety of Emoticons Not Coming on Device?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Raghav Gupta
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
31 replies · 3K views
Raghav Gupta
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
76
Why the variety of emoticons on the device are not coming when typing in PF?

The editor emoticons are fine. But device usually has additional emoticons.

I see some guys like NascentOxygen posting Welcome to PF emoticon which is not in editor window.
How is he doing that? Is it because of mentor privileges?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
Are you on the mobile browser or mobile app?
I am using IPad and browser is Safari. Is Ipad a kind of mobile?
 
Why you have asked the question of using mobile or not?
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
I thought it was relevant at first.
Didn't understand. I think you are trying to say that only mobile have the feature of emoticons available in them?
 
My mobile question is not relevant. What I am saying is that the emoticon NascentOxygen uses is not in the list. He is using the img tag to bring it in like any other external image.
 
Okay. I think you asked the mobile question as I typed device in first post or I am seen frequently around here.
Is my guess correct?
 
This
Raghav Gupta said:
I think you asked the mobile question as I typed device in first post or I am seen frequently around here.
 
I am asking simply that why you asked I am using a mobile or not?
 
So what would have happened if I would have used mobile?
 
Now only my main question is remaining of this thread.
Why emoticons from the device are not coming in the PF reply box?
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
I don't understand your question
In keyboard, we have additional buttons. One can get a + sign in reply box by just typing instead of looking for that in editor options more symbols.

So if we have in device's keyboard that symbols that are not in editor options then why they are not appearing in reply box?
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
I don't understand your question
Me either.
smiley27.jpg

Sorry. Couldn't resist. :devil:
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
The web editor may not accept all of your devices symbols. Are they standard UTF-8 characters?
How to check that?
 
The link is showing all symbols other than emoticons like this... :smile:
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
The smilies are images
Oh, understand it now. How FB is allowing device symbols if they are not in standard UTF-8
Does it have other configuration?
 
dlgoff said:
Me either.
smiley27.jpg

Sorry. Couldn't resist. :devil:
So you have used img bb code first and then used the devil symbol from smilies options?
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
PF is not a multi-billion dollar company :wink:
Hope it becomes multi-billion dollar company in future. :smile: