Why We Dominate Earth: Uncovering the Strange Existence, Universe & Everything

• Thread starter revv
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Strange
In summary, the conversation touched on topics such as the strangeness of existence, the dominance of humans over other species on Earth, and the concept of biological evolution. The idea of humans being the dominant species due to their superior intelligence and the potential for competition between different intelligent species was also discussed. The conversation also delved into the cruelty of nature and the fascinating capabilities of animals such as hummingbirds and crows. Overall, the conversation highlighted the complexity and wonder of life on Earth.
I would suggest we treat games as games and separate them from our reality.

Physics news on Phys.org
DJlyJmEWsAAvtWs.jpg

quote-reality-is-an-illusion-that-occurs-due-to-the-lack-of-alcohol-w-c-fields-57-75-60.jpg

Attachments

• DJlyJmEWsAAvtWs.jpg
    DJlyJmEWsAAvtWs.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 387
  • quote-reality-is-an-illusion-that-occurs-due-to-the-lack-of-alcohol-w-c-fields-57-75-60.jpg
    quote-reality-is-an-illusion-that-occurs-due-to-the-lack-of-alcohol-w-c-fields-57-75-60.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 458
Likes ISamson
Noisy Rhysling said:
♫People are strange when you're a stranger
Faces look ugly when you're alone
Women seem wicked when you're unwanted
Streets are uneven when you're down ♫
OCR said:
♫ When you're strange
Faces come out of the rain...
When you're strange
No one remembers your name... ♫
Mark44 said:
Takes me back to about 1968, and The Doors.
Well, that IS strange !
... knew that was coming, right ? . :biggrin:

Last edited:
What if, whenever you look in the mirror, the person looking at you actually is you, and you are just a reflection of him? And that you will vanish the moment he turns away from the mirror?

Krunchyman said:
What if, whenever you look in the mirror, the person looking at you actually is you, and you are just a reflection of him? And that you will vanish the moment he turns away from the mirror?

Then I'm happy to have existed for that brief moment in time. Well, I'm not, as I obviously exist since I'm not looking into a mirror now, but I'm sure the other me was happy.

revv said:
What is going on? Anyone else think all of this is very strange (Existence, The Universe, Everything) I mean what the hell is going on why are we here and why are we so dominant over other species on this earth?.

It all makes perfect sense to me. But I am old and have traveled far and now I rest. As my answer to your question, I'll leave you with a riddle:

##\displaystyle \frac{dy}{dt}=-y^3+by+c##

Last edited:
aheight said:
It all makes perfect sense to me. But I am old and have traveled far and now I rest. As my answer to your question, I'll leave you with a riddle:

##\displaystyle \frac{dy}{dt}=-y^3+by+c##
Ha! I worked that one in grade school!Got it wrong then, too.

Likes Drakkith