Why Won't My AVI Files Stream from Windows 7 PC to Chromebook?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NeoDevin
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 6K views
NeoDevin
Messages
334
Reaction score
2
I'm trying to stream media from my windows 7 PC to my chromebook. I followed the instructions on this page to set it up, but I'm having problems with avi files. mp4 files stream properly, but avi files are downloaded, not streamed. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
That's what I've been doing so far, but it'd make my life a bit easier if I didn't have to...
 
Assuming your .avi files have minimal or no compression, the issue is that the required bandwidth is too high to stream them to your chromebook. Convert / compress an .avi file to .mp4 and compare the difference in the sizes of the files.