Will an Air Conditioner made in Korea work where I live?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
5 replies · 1K views
Cobul
Messages
100
Reaction score
11
Hi,
A Korean friend owns me money and plans to pay partial with his airconditioner.
But the aircon model came from Korea.

korean spec.jpg


I just want to know if an air conditioner like Carrier of a specific model made in different countries have the same design, or do they have separate say Korean design, or American design, or UK design matching the language? Or do they just change the language in the label? What is commonly done?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Where do you live? What is your electrical service like? It looks like this unit needs 220Vrms at 60Hz, with at least a 50A feed (from the 10,000W number). Do you have that?

Beyond that, units will have safety and EMC compliance approvals based on the countries they are sold into. You would have to do some research to figure out if this unit has approvals appropriate for your country. For example, for the EU it would need a "CE" Mark approval, which I don't see on the label that you show.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: russ_watters and Lnewqban
translate.google.com will handle almost all languages. But does it, or another site, accept photos of the glyphs such as the ones on your Korean nameplate?
 
It's ok. I'd no longer get the aircon from the Korean. He paid me money already.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and Tom.G
I'm curious: I know that a CE mark is required to sell into the EU. Is it also required for what would amount to imported personal property?