1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Will I be overwhelmed? (16credit hours for fall)

1. Jul 12, 2009 #1
    I am going back to school 6 years after high school. This summer I am taking English 101 and Calc 1. As you would imagine, my skills are rusty. Although summer semester is 7 weeks long, I am doing okay: not too great, but not too bad either. Right now, I am in process of refreshing my math skills. And I think I will pass Calc 1.

My question is if I take
    Calc II
    Eng 102
    Phy 221 (general physics)
    Chm 121 (general chemistry)
    Total: 16credits

Will I be overwhelmed and possibly fail few classes? As a person going back to school after years of absence, would it be acceptable to take on several serious subjects like this?

My major will be computer science.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 12, 2009 #2
    You'll be fine as long as you keep yourself organized and up to speed. Go through the worked examples, do the homework and you will be fine.

4. Jul 12, 2009 #3
    Probably not even if you are doing labs as well. Those are all introductory classes so it's ok to generally take a lot of them at once.

5. Jul 12, 2009 #4
    as long as you stay on top of things and develop good studying habits you should be fine.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook