• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Withdrawls and grad school applications

• Schools
  • Thread starter General_Sax
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Because I'm transferring programs (Engineering -> CompSci), I may have three withdrawls this term. If I explain that the withdrawls are because of this program transfer, the admissions committee will most-likely understand right?

I don't enjoy these courses and the courses will not be program requirements, so why subject myself to them?

P.S. my gpa is 3.5 (overall)

Answers and Replies

gb7nash
Homework Helper
Are you still considered a full-time student when you apply the withdrawals? Also, do the withdrawals appear on your transcript? Do you have to withdraw these courses now or can you do it after you get accepted to the other program?

In any case, I personally wouldn't care if you withdrew those courses. However, if there's some similarities between computer science and the engineering that you were in, they might get uneasy and you might want to just finish the courses. But if they're as similar as literature and mathematics, I wouldn't see them getting mad.

1) I'll be considered a full-time student

2) The withdrawals will appear on my transcript.

3) I don't have to withdraw from these courses

The courses I'm withdrawing from are:

Chemical Process Analysis

Engineering Thermodynamics

Science and Technology studies

I'll also be able to get a 50% refund for these courses if I withdrawal from them before next Wednesday.

gb7nash
Homework Helper
The first two courses you listed don't really have anything to do with computer science. The third one though would probably be good to keep.