Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Woah. New icons by forum sections.

1. Mar 7, 2008 #1
    Wow. They sure make a statement. :biggrin: awsome.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 7, 2008 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

ooooh, pretty!!

I like the new quote boxes, thanks Greg!

4. Mar 7, 2008 #3
    Still tweaking them. I think the "forum new" button looks a bit rich and color heavy. Trying to lighten it up a bit. Stay tuned.

5. Mar 7, 2008 #4
    neat. keep going.

6. Mar 7, 2008 #5

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I like them. They're the in icons from way out.

7. Mar 7, 2008 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wow! I had to clear my cache to see those...had no idea they had changed until seeing this thread. Makes me think of The Jetsons (or maybe it's that the chat doorbell has now stuck that in the front of my mind). I'll need a day or two to stop being surprised at the new look when I open the page, but I do like the new icons better than the old ones.

8. Mar 7, 2008 #7

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Another nice change. Also, I noticed there is a PF search plugin for Firefox. Very nice! I love the firefox search bar and having a PF search there will be great.

9. Mar 7, 2008 #8

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

Me neither, as I almost never use the front page. Cool!

10. Mar 8, 2008 #9
    Bah! I can't find whatever we are talking about! How do I clear my cache? Am I missing out? :cry:

11. Mar 8, 2008 #10
    I'm sorted now! :biggrin:

Is it just the icons next to he forum that have been changed? What are they? Related to physics or just some funky design?

12. Mar 16, 2008 #11
    Really?? Where? Please provide a link. Lot of changes have taken place over the course of a week, that I'm just noticing all the new stuff. Nice work, Greg and team.

13. Mar 16, 2008 #12
    RIght hand column ont he left of the homepage, like under the member list.

14. Mar 16, 2008 #13

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Yes. Check under the member list. You should see the Firefox search plugin link in the list there.

15. Mar 16, 2008 #14
    I downloaded it, and now I keep clicking on the download icon and nowt happens!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?