World’s youngest college professor

In summary: I'm going to the bathroom."In summary, Sabur is an impressive young woman who has accomplished a lot in her short lifetime. She is the youngest college professor in history and the youngest person to earn a bachelor’s of science degree summa cum laude from a U.S. university. She has also worked in Korea as a professor and directed her career choice to teaching. Her education continued at Drexel University where she earned an M.S. and a Ph.D. in materials science and engineering.
RocketSurgery said:
At my school Materials Science is a sub-physics major. Everyone in my school does it but I think it's boring no offense :).

I don't find it that intereseting either. (But, I'm glad that other people do, because its very important reserach). Smart materials is what makes the future possible. Just look at plastics and how far they have come along. There used to be a point in time where plastics would fade and not last long enough to be used in all the products you find them in now-a-days. Bores the hell outa me, but still important.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I like physics.

*sees Cyrus running after him with scissors*

Oh noes!

Cyrus said:
I don't find it that intereseting either. (But, I'm glad that other people do, because its very important reserach). Smart materials is what makes the future possible. Just look at plastics and how far they have come along. There used to be a point in time where plastics would fade and not last long enough to be used in all the products you find them in now-a-days. Bores the hell outa me, but still important.

I agree.

Cyrus said:
To take from Gordon Ramsey,

"Oh, BLOODY HELL... BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP"

When I am talking to somone and they use the word like, I start to talk using big words nice and slowly so they hopefully realize their own use of the word 'like' non-stop.

Its like, for morons. Even guys do it all the time. I can't f'in stand it!

Hehe I'm going to guess your talking about my use of the term "sub-physics". :smile: I don't know what else to call it because the people are physics majors but on their transcript it says materials science so it's kind of like a part of the physics curriculum and is taught by all physics professors but it doesn't count as a physics major unless you take a few extra classes then they consider it a dual major.

RocketSurgery said:
Hehe I'm going to guess your talking about my use of the term "sub-physics". :smile: I don't know what else to call it because the people are physics majors but on their transcript it says materials science so it's kind of like a part of the physics curriculum and is taught by all physics professors but it doesn't count as a physics major unless you take a few extra classes then they consider it a dual major.

No, I am talking about people saying 'like' all the time. I 'like' want to smash their face into concrete, after hearing them talk for 5 mins. :smile:

It's really that bad.

Haha yea. It seems to happen in my math class a lot. The people get so confused they can't even form the question.:rofl: "Ok let me like get this straigt...uh ok like that integral thing...it's like a sum thing right? ...like you know what I mean"

:rolleyes:

Cyrus said:
To take from Gordon Ramsey,

"Oh, BLOODY HELL... BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP"

When I am talking to somone and they use the word like, I start to talk using big words nice and slowly so they hopefully realize their own use of the word 'like' non-stop.

Its like, for morons. Even guys do it all the time. I can't f'in stand it!

Learn to live with it, it's not going away in a hurry.

Who cares that she's the youngest professor ever? Her accomplishments matter, not her age.

Darkiekurdo said:
Who cares that she's the youngest professor ever? Her accomplishments matter, not her age.

You're just jealous. :tongue:

Math Is Hard said:
You're just jealous. :tongue:
You can see right through me. :frown:

Darkiekurdo said:
You can see right through me. :frown:

Don't waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long, and in the end, it's only with yourself.

-Mary Schmich

Lines from a well-known commencement speech. The whole speech is here:

http://www.generationterrorists.com/quotes/sunscreen.html

Darkiekurdo said:
It was a joke. :wink: She has nothing I am jealous of.

Apart from tenure at 19, a black belt in some martial art and obscenely good musical skills?

:rofl:

Anyway, when did they start letting women into university? This is an outrage.

dst said:
Apart from tenure at 19, a black belt in some martial art and obscenely good musical skills?

:rofl:

Nah.

dst said:

It's more outrageous than you think. She's Iranian-American. She should be back in her home country covered in acceptable dress, making babies and kebabs, and not worrying herself with science and all those concerns belonging to the male domain. Shameful.

Math Is Hard said:
It's more outrageous than you think. She's Iranian-American. She should be back in her home country covered in acceptable dress, making babies and kebabs, and not worrying herself with science and all those concerns belonging to the male domain. Shameful.

Wow! Really? You know when I was reading this article for my mom 2 days ago, I told her that her dad couldn't be American.hmmm...since she's blonde I'm assuming that her mom must be american.:smile:
As for what you said, hmmmm well the picture is not as dark as you said. The majority of Iranian parents want their daughters to continue their education , become independence...
As for spouses, I see that most of my female classmates are persuaded by their spouses to continue their academic education(getting MSc and then PhD)!
I guess you were referring to some (and not all)of stupid Iranian politicians' opinion's on women.:rolleyes:But the joke is that even these stupid politicians don't want to treat the females of their families that way. :wink:
As for making kebabs, it's something which is done by men in almost any family as far as I know.:tongue2:

PS Thank you very much for sharing interesting articles!

Math Is Hard said:

Shes iranian?........dammit. If she speaks farsi, then I'll be pissed.

Lisa! said:
Wow! Really? You know when I was reading this article for my mom 2 days ago, I told her that her dad couldn't be American.hmmm...since she's blonde I'm assuming that her mom must be american.:smile:
As for what you said, hmmmm well the picture is not as dark as you said. The majority of Iranian parents want their daughters to continue their education , become independence...
As for spouses, I see that most of my female classmates are persuaded by their spouses to continue their academic education(getting MSc and then PhD)!
I guess you were referring to some (and not all)of stupid Iranian politicians' opinion's on women.:rolleyes:But the joke is that even these stupid politicians don't want to treat the females of their families that way. :wink:
As for making kebabs, it's something which is done by men in almost any family as far as I know.:tongue2:

Speaking of which, make me some polo woman!

Lisa! said:
yah, I was just being a smart-aleck.

My bad. :redface:

Cyrus! Go make us some kebabs! :tongue2:

My pleasure.

Cyrus said:
Speaking of which, make me some polo woman!

You know I am absolutely starving now. This morning I read this, and then as I was just about to leave the house I saw a flyer stuck to my door. It was the menu for Tajrish restaurant. I m going to pig out on some zereshk polo this weekend!