Would anyone say that quantum physics is at all connected to spirituality?

In summary, the conversation is about whether or not quantum physics is connected to spirituality. The speaker states that some physicists may think so, but the general opinion is that there is no connection. They also mention the idea of defining spirituality and the mention of "The Secret" on TV. The speaker also makes a joke about someone throwing up in their ear.
oooonions
would anyone say that quantum physics is at all connected to spirituality?

i know that there are physicists out there that would [i've read books by them] but what's the general opinions...or what's your opinion?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'd say no under any definition of the word "spirituality". You need to define what you mean by "spirituality" so that people can specifically address your interpretation.

Does this have anything to do with "The Secret?"

Because they were on TV the other day, and when they started talking about quantum physics I almost threw up in my mouth.

oooonions said:
would anyone say that quantum physics is at all connected to spirituality?

i know that there are physicists out there that would [i've read books by them] but what's the general opinions...or what's your opinion?

My and the general opinion is that they are crackpots.

moe darklight said:
Because they were on TV the other day, and when they started talking about quantum physics I almost threw up in my mouth.

That's funny. I was just trying to picture you throwing up in your ear.

1. Is there any scientific evidence that links quantum physics to spirituality?

While there is ongoing research and debate on this topic, there is currently no concrete scientific evidence to support a direct connection between quantum physics and spirituality. Some scientists and philosophers have proposed theoretical connections, but they are still speculative and not widely accepted in the scientific community.

2. What are some common theories that attempt to connect quantum physics and spirituality?

One popular theory is the idea that consciousness influences the behavior of particles in quantum systems. This is often referred to as the "observer effect." Another theory suggests that the concept of non-locality in quantum entanglement could support the idea of a universal consciousness or interconnectedness.

3. Can the principles of quantum physics explain spiritual phenomena?

While quantum physics has been successful in explaining many physical phenomena, it is not equipped to explain spiritual experiences or beliefs. These are subjective and often cultural concepts that fall outside the realm of science.

4. Does the connection between quantum physics and spirituality have any practical applications?

At this time, there are no practical applications of any proposed connection between quantum physics and spirituality. However, some scientists argue that understanding the fundamental principles of quantum physics could lead to technological advancements in the future.

5. Is there a consensus among scientists on the relationship between quantum physics and spirituality?

No, there is no consensus among scientists on the relationship between quantum physics and spirituality. While some scientists may see potential connections, others may dismiss them as pseudoscience. Ultimately, it is a topic that requires further research and critical thinking to fully understand.