Writing a fictional story about nuclear plant disasters

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 6K views
Esperanto
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
I have no background about nuclear powerplants and nuclear plant disasters other than probably a skewed image from The Simpsons. But I would like to get kicked out of math class by writing about "The Nuclear Engineer that Couldn't Avert Nuclear Disaster." I don't know why I'm writing in math class either.

I know this is in rather bad taste, but I do not dislike nuclear powerplants and do not want to attempt to blow any up. I want this to be a work of fiction but factual enough so that I'll be able to show my teacher how much I don't like him. I need any help, more info will be provided when the little engine book arrives so that proper plagiarism will be attained. Thank you guys!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Start with these..

I will add more as time allows.

yale


Brown's Ferry Fire

http://www.ucsusa.org/clean_energy/nuclear_safety/page.cfm?pageID=790

http://www.serve.com/gvaughn/prairieisland/tubeproblems.html
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The most notorious reactor accidents were Three Mile Island (U.S.) and Chernobyl (USSR). Look them up in google.