WTC Metal Fatigue. How Did Building 7 Fall?

• Thread starter Noddy
  • Start date
Core Collapse

Thanx for your input Astronuc.

With respect, there is a BIG difference between carefully placed and timed explosive charges which "cut" like a knife through large metal beams instantly and a "fire", weakening metal support structures at VARIOUS points in the building at VARYING rates.

The beautiful take downs of large buildings is an EXACT science reproducing those beautiful SYMMETRICAL collapse patterns.

I see what i can see. Instant, catastrophic collapse in a symmetrical pattern. Unattainable by random fires.

A VERY simple scale model of 7 could be constructed and a REASONABLE reproduction of events made.

This would cost government agencies VERY little.

I would like to see some private citizens take on this task.

The former head of Airforce Weapons Testing did this in light of the ridiculous conclusions of the Olklahoma city bombings. The results were predictable. IMPOSSIBLE.

To Pengwino

The key lies in the the fact that you and others state that a RAGING INFERNO of wood, carpet etc fed by a 22,000 gallon deisel fuel container, which failed to explode when surrounded by SAID "raging inferno" caused HUGE, LOAD BEARING, CENTRAL SUPPORT COLUMNS to collapse in a symmetrical, instant and catastrophic fashion.

The question is clear.

Your response to my post says more about you then it does about me.

Being a smart arse does not help solve the puzzle. But again, says much about your character.

russ_watters

Mentor
Noddy said:
As for my use of "fatigue"...excuse me...but does not a metal structure, exposed to RAGING inferno's "fatigue"...
No, it doesn't. Apparently, you are using the term as a layman's term to describe how metal weakens when heated (and it does weaken when heated). But that's not what the word means in an engineering sense: fatigue is the weakening caused by repetititve stress. When the wings of an airliner flap due to aerodynamic stresses, they can fatigue. That's why airplanes have a maximum lifespan. When you repetitively bend a paperclip and it eventually breaks, that's fatigue.

Buildings undergo constant/static stresses - they do not fatigue (if they did, they'd collapse on their own after a certain amount of time).
You know DAMN well "experts" were rubbing their heads with DISBELIEF when the Towers came down and ESPECIALLY when 7 came down.
No, actually, they weren't. Anyone watching TV or reading a newspaper in the days after 9/11 heard/read the opinions of countless engineers hired by independent news organizations to give analysis of the collapse of the towers. The conclusions were specific and uniform and agreed with the government report, which they preceded by many months. While there were some interesting and unique aspects to it, there was nothing particularly surprising about the collapse of the towers themselves.

Last edited:

Pengwuino

Gold Member
Noddy said:
The key lies in the the fact that you and others state that a RAGING INFERNO of wood, carpet etc fed by a 22,000 gallon deisel fuel container, which failed to explode when surrounded by SAID "raging inferno" caused HUGE, LOAD BEARING, CENTRAL SUPPORT COLUMNS to collapse in a symmetrical, instant and catastrophic fashion.

The question is clear.
Yes, good thing i never said anything

Noddy said:
Your response to my post says more about you then it does about me.

Being a smart arse does not help solve the puzzle. But again, says much about your character.
It shows that this is about the 300,000,000th thread saying the structural collapses on 9/11 were fake and me, like many others, are sick of wasting our time on people like you who think there has to be some sort of conspiracy going on.

Pengwino You Have Answered Your Own Questio...

You are not interested.

You may leave.

Bye, bye...

Anyone else out there?

russ_watters

Mentor
Noddy said:
With respect, there is a BIG difference between carefully placed and timed explosive charges which "cut" like a knife through large metal beams instantly and a "fire", weakening metal support structures at VARIOUS points in the building at VARYING rates.

The beautiful take downs of large buildings is an EXACT science reproducing those beautiful SYMMETRICAL collapse patterns.

I see what i can see. Instant, catastrophic collapse in a symmetrical pattern. Unattainable by random fires.
Since you have now confirmed our suspicions that you believe that WTC7 (and, you implied, WTC1 & 2) were felled in a controlled demolition, the term "conspiracy theory" does apply and this thread is not one about engineering. Moving to skepticism and debunking.

Ah Russ...Thankyou...

When in doubt, Da Nile becomes more than a river in Egypt.

You are obviously not "qualified" to answer my question Russ so you are free to move on to somewhere else.

Again, anyone with a background in the properties of metals under heat stress out their.

I have a very SPECIFIC question. Not %90 of a question.

Pengwuino

Gold Member
Noddy, your exhibiting another trademark quality of conspiracy theory nuts. "Only people who agree with me are experts"

russ_watters

Mentor
You've heard the opinion of a number of engineers here, Noddy, you've read the opinions of countless others, but you dismiss all of them in search for one who can support the conclusion you have already reached on your own - even while demonstrating a basic lack of understanding of the engineering involved. That isn't a scientific way of thinking. You'll find little sympathy for that attitude here. You'll only find real scientists and real engineers expressing real engineering opinions.

Last edited:
Just WHICH experts are you refering to?

It took months for the "experts" to come up with the ...quote..."truss theory".

The look on the building designers face says it all in the interview conducted after the collapse.

Answer my questions Russ....Super Mentor.

You cannot.

You and the rest of your ilk are the "specialized" idiot class who would believe Noddy and Big Ears flew into those towers because a government "expert" told you so.

I've finished playing with you.

Twas fun.

russ_watters

Mentor
Noddy said:
You and the rest of your ilk are the "specialized" idiot class who would believe Noddy and Big Ears flew into those towers because a government "expert" told you so.

I've finished playing with you.

Twas fun.
Fair 'nuff..... good riddence.