You are traveling on a straight road with constant velocity

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 2K views
Tonia
Messages
96
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


At the beginning of a 10 sec. interval your position is measured to be 80 ft East with respect to a reference object. At the end of the 10 sec. interval your position is measured to be 965 ft East with respect to the same reference object.
Determine your velocity at t = 3.45 sec.
Determine your velocity at t = 6.9 sec.
Calculate the area under the entire V-t graph. What does this area respresent?

Homework Equations


m(slope) = v = change in x divided by change in t = Xf - Xo/tf - to =
965ft - 80ft/10 sec- 0sec = 885ft/10sec = 88.5met/sec. East

The Attempt at a Solution


Area = volt = 10 sec times 88.5 met/sec = 885 meters This represents the displacement of the car.
The velocity of the car at t = 3.45 sec and at t = 6.9 sec is 88.5 met/sec.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I assume your question is whether or not you got the right answers, yes? It's always a good idea to state your question, even if it seems obvious to you.

It looks good to me.
 
Tonia said:
885ft/10sec = 88.5met/sec. East
I did not understand this ft-meter transformation
 
Yes, I just wanted to make sure I did it right. Thanks.
 
RyanH42 said:
I did not understand this ft-meter transformation
Good catch. Probably just a typo but I breezed right past it.
 
I have a question.Why we ignore acceleration of car.Maybe car is accelerating ?
 
RyanH42 said:
I have a question.Why we ignore acceleration of car.Maybe car is accelerating ?
The car is not accelerating, it's going at a constant velocity of 88.5 met/sec.
 
Read the thread title.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: RyanH42