"You had an accident when you were a child involving water."

  • Thread starter Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Accident Water
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
65 replies · 7K views
First thing that comes to mind is a friend pushing me down under water, leading to distress. I also once cut my hand in the lake that led to an infection, or an inflatable boat that was punctured and it was sinking in the Amsterdam canal, but that doesn't stand out as clearly as the first event. I guess people could take it as far as seeing bedwetting as an accident involving water.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
When I was about 5 years old I was in the shower with my younger brother and I think he increased the flow of hot water which burned me a little bit for a few seconds.
I can't find any other "accident" related to water in my whole life.
 
At the age of 8, I could not swim. I was pushed in the 'deep end' of a pool (6ft), and panicked. Thankfully I was near the edge and grabbed on. It wasn't long before I learned to tread water after that experience.
 
Kerrie said:
At the age of 8, I could not swim. I was pushed in the 'deep end' of a pool (6ft), and panicked. Thankfully I was near the edge and grabbed on. It wasn't long before I learned to tread water after that experience.
I had a very similar situation at 8 except that I wasn't pushed. I went down a slide that I didn't realize went in the deep end. Plus, it was an unattended hotel pool at night. I was lucky to get back to the side of the pool and also learned to swim after that. oo)
 
zoobyshoe said:
Anyway, I would like to ask people to post reports of their accidents during childhood involving water. Just about everyone should have one.
Indeed. When 5 years old I just threw myself into a pool because it didn't seem deep. Fell straight to the floor and while struggling to breath and about to take the water in my uncle got into the pool and pulled me up. He laughed and said: "You are okay now." and I was okay. It never affected me, I mean, life continues.

EDIT: I was like meh.
 
I can't think of anything for myself. No near drownings, no gaping wounds, no burns, no damaged electronics. I've never even had a substantial injury on the ice or snow, in spite of all my antics.