Z coordinate of the center of gravity

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
O011235813
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Hey,

for this problem i need to find the z coordinate of the center of gravity. I have a cylinder/disk whose height is along the y-axis and radiates about the x and z axis. what is the equation to find z bar. this is just one part of the problem.




 
Physics news on Phys.org
Perhaps I don't understand your question, but the center of mass of a uniform cylinder is right in the middle.
 
yeah i get that much, but for this problem it wants me to find the z coordinate for the center of gravity. and the cylinder is oriented 105 mm in the z direction, with a height of 10 mm going in the y direction.

Here is a pic that hopefully gives some clarification. I apologize for the crudity of it, I made it on paint.

http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cylindervk2.png
 
hmm...my image didn't show last post.

hmm...thinking about it, would the z coordinate just be 105mm?
http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cylindervk2.png