drizzle
Gold Member
- 202
- 58
Oh, that's so cute :)
rhody said:Japanese flowering Cherry Trees (backyard) full bloom, before sunset, medium wind:...
dlgoff said:Beautiful. Now I want one. How long does it take to get a tree blooming like that. i.e. What is their growing rate. I'm too lazy to research it right now...too many beers maybe.

rhody said:These trees are about 26 years old planted 30 feet apart, their foliage spreads to a diameter of about 20 feet, which makes for a nice natural fence from the neighbors houses.
I warn you, do not plant near your house the roots spread and seek moisture. They can attack your foundation, or water pipes, like whispering willows.
turbo-1 said:My organic-gardening neighbor zipped down on a golf-cart with his daughter this afternoon to bring us a new tree. He was digging up shoots and suckers from a beautiful Japanese lilac, and picked out the one with the best root-structure to bring to my wife and me. Now, we have to figure out a good place to put it. It can't be planted in the front garden where our peach or cherry trees are, because Japanese lilacs are quite susceptible to winter damage. The fruit trees have wintered a lot of ice and snow shedding off the roof (with some damage) but this candidate needs a quiet place to live.
As of now, it is a sapling with no redeeming features. I'll try to get out back on his property to get a picture of his tree. It is beautiful.rhody said:Pictures ?
Rhody...![]()
If only I had a tiny fraction of your wisdom ...lisab said:You mean you couldn't find the stairs on the other side of the cliff?
Not my first time rock climbing. But perhaps the first time with someone that had a camera.drizzle said:Gokul43201, I like climbing mountains, but not that vertical, looks nice and easy though. Was it your first time?
JNBirDy said:Took this shot of a tree near my house last summer.
JNBirDy said:Took this shot of a tree near my house last summer.
![]()
Andy Resnick said:[PLAIN]http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/183/rgbd.jpg
With my rotten eyes, it's tough for me to tell, but the processed image seems to be too red in the shadows.