fuzzyfelt
Gold Member
- 734
- 4
I'd missed this, it's nice Andy. The snow looks a warmer colour than it usually does.
Borek said:I wonder if it is not an incorrect white balance.
Awesome Andre.Andre said:Yes, probably at night with the exterior light on, without flash. Can be corrected easily nowadays. In old days with films you'd had to put up a 80B something correction filter or your shot would be worth nothing.
Anyway, this was entered in a challenge for a album cover (square) with a scenic tranquil landscape, preferable a pastoral scene.
Is this pastoral?
![]()
Borek said:I have pictures that look interesting because of incorrect white balance. I like them which doesn't stop me from seeing what is wrong.
fuzzyfelt said:I'd missed this, it's nice Andy. The snow looks a warmer colour than it usually does.
Andre said:Yes, probably at night with the exterior light on, without flash.
Borek said:I wonder if it is not an incorrect white balance.
Andy Resnick said:[...] Wearing dark clothing, sitting in the street, taking photos of houses in the middle of the night is generally frowned upon by the gendarmes.
[...]
Andre said:Oh dear me, Andy, that's awful. Don't you have a walk around pocket camera somewhere?
Gokul43201 said:Some pictures from this past weekend, climbing some fun ice formations on the bluffs overlooking Lake Superior:
Borek said:I am green with envy. I think I will call Marzena to take a picture for the contest.
fuzzyfelt said:How fantastic!
I can understand the envy, but I should probably mention that all these activities come with a little potential for injury (or worse). I've generally been a careful outdoorsman, and have managed to go several months at a time with negligible damage, but this past week has been less fortunate. The weekend gave me a fat lip, a bruised chin, a tender ear and a bump on the side of my head (which would have been a whole lot worse, if not for my awesome helmet) from trying a somewhat tricky climb. And last night, I dislocated my shoulder (not too severely, I hope - I was able to pop it back into place fairly easily) while skiing down a somewhat icy hill.Andy Resnick said:Excellent!