Zuckerberg and Chan Pledge $3B To Fight Diseases

  • Topic: Medical 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Choppy
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Messages
5,030
Reaction score
2,576
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: mfb and berkeman
Biology news on Phys.org
Were you able to find more information about biohub? I cannot find anything official. I'm curious about this human-cell atlas project, trying to map the body down to all it's molecular signaling is a task that would require serious computational power and international collaboration. That would be one gigantic bioinformatics orgy.
 
Choppy said:
Almost makes me want to open a Facebook account.

Almost.

I actually have a facebook account that I log into just about as regularly as my Myspace and LinkedIn account, which is pretty much never..
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Fervent Freyja
Fervent Freyja said:
gigantic bioinformatics orgy

Sounds like an infection waiting to happen..:eek:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Fervent Freyja
DiracPool said:
I actually have a facebook account that I log into just about as regularly as my Myspace and LinkedIn account, which is pretty much never..

Myspace was the bomb, like 15 years ago! I didn't know it still existed. I deactivated my facebook account over a year ago. Waste of time.

DiracPool said:
Sounds like an infection waiting to happen..:eek:

Hah, the number of databases needed for this project almost guarantees that at least a few *Software Transmitted Infections* will be encountered! :biggrin: