View Single Post
Mike_In_Plano
Feb27-11, 01:05 AM
P: 557
I wouldn't worry to much about it. There are many different routes you can take as a EE. I'm more of a physics based design engineer, so I have to be good with knowledge, math, mathcad, and a couple of other packages.
I have a friend that does more with testing, so he has to be very good at adaptig to new equipment and programming (Things I would flunk at).
Then again, there are knowledge-based engineering careers. I had a friend that worked for the electric utility and another that worked for the FAA. Neither was required to program, or perform what I consider design. However, they had to keep up with their industry and excercise that knowledge maintaining and growing their infrastructure.
Anyway, it goes on and on. Having a difficult time with assembly code doesn't reflect much.
As a hint, though, I've always found assembly easier if:
- You get a scope to watch the ports toggle
- You get all the ports toggling first
- You write everything out with dummied down diagrams until your confident before writing.
- You make little "test" fixtures that tell you how certain peices are doing then put those pieces together. For example, I'd never have the confidence to write the UART code, the A/D code, and the interrupt handler without first building each seperate.

Best Luck,

Mike