View Single Post
Evo
Nov9-12, 08:03 PM
Mentor
P: 25,961
Quote Quote by intelwanderer View Post
I went there earlier, they gave me a bunch of links to off campus sources, which cost money and time to schedule. I have to really focus this month on coursework and research, so I don't know if I have time to do anything now. After mid-December, I'll have a few weeks with nothing to do, so it seems logical(if possible) to cope for now, and then go in.

They do have walk in sessions. I suppose I could do that if I'm really feeling down.

I have an official diagnosis(not for depression-that's what I'm considering doing), but what does that mean? In these days, they diagnose so many people with so many things... y'know? If someone is against the norm, something is "wrong" with them. So, I can't say I know for sure whether they are real or not. Sounds silly, but there it is. Am I just being a mopey teenager who goes through bad times occasionally? I know, only I can say for sure, but I honestly don't know anymore.

That being said, some of these things definitely aren't normal. Are you SURE that there is no other way than meds though?
If it's neurological, you will need medicine. Of course finding activities that you enjoy and getting the right amount of sleep is important.

I have mild OCD and severe anxiety and panic attacks started about 10 years ago. I really can't tell you how important medication is. And it's hit or miss, everyone is different, there isn't one medication that works for everyone, even if the symptoms seem the same. You may have to try several until you find one that helps and that you can tolerate.

Just know that there is help available, you're not alone. I think over 90% of the members on this forum are on medication, and they'll tell you how it's saved their life, literally in some cases.

If, on the other hand, it's just normal test anxiety, then studying, sleep, exercise and maybe a friend to vent with will help. I think you know which you have.

If you just need to vent, we're here, vent away.