View Single Post
intelwanderer
Nov9-12, 11:23 PM
P: 63
As much as I hate to admit it, I'm leaning toward thinking it's neurological in nature. After all, a doctor is a doctor... I've paid attention to some of my skills lately in paying attention and other stuff, and they need a fundamental change, which I think medication might help. If I were to really focus and pay attention to details easier with this, than I might get a sharp upturn in grades next semester. I promised I'd get straight A's this semester and I dread the thought of having to face the family with my failure....

Twofish-quant is right, I should NOT think about the future when depressed. Which is hard, since I'm used to contemplating the future more than the present.

This is something I really want to tackle on my own. But part of being an adult is realizing when you need to swallow your pride and do something for your own good.

I guess I could always put these circumstances on the grad school app-assuming that's what I want to do, I'm really enjoying research more than anything else right now-and hope for the best.

As for the depression-the only thing I can really do is hang in there for the next 6 weeks and talk to my family if it gets really bad.