View Single Post
intelwanderer
Nov10-12, 05:55 PM
P: 63
Another thing that is making me happier is being a lot more open minded about my future(I don't where I do my Phd now nearly as much, and I'm questioning whether that will be what I do at all) and keeping it all in perspective. I'm not sleeping in a Jakarta slum. I'm fed. I've got a family who cares about me and who I'm getting along a lot better with now than I was a few years ago. They support me in spite of my failure still. I won't be in debt even. Yeah, sure, there are a LOT of things that I wish were different about my life, but ultimately, those are details, cherries on top of the cake, if you will. I won't be getting a 4.0 this semester, but so what?

If anything, this makes me mad, because I've got so **** much but I'm not taking advantage of it. This is significant-anger is different from sadness, which I felt before when having this thought. But maybe this anger will motivate me.

I don't care if things get off topic-I tend to steer conversations that way all the time. I'd imagine that the mods would care though.