Text to speech computer phone call

by leroyjenkens
Tags: phone, speech, text
leroyjenkens
Aug7-10, 09:33 AM
P: 528
I just downloaded a program called iCall that allows me to make phone calls from my computer. My only problem is is that I don't have a working microphone. I was wondering if there was any way to use a text to speech device to allow me to call someone, hear what they say through my speakers and I can talk to them by typing what I want to say and an electronic voice says it to them. Think there's anyway to do that?
Thanks.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
SensaBubble: It's a bubble, but not as we know it (w/ video)
The hemihelix: Scientists discover a new shape using rubber bands (w/ video)
Microbes provide insights into evolution of human language
Evo
Aug7-10, 09:49 AM
Mentor
P: 25,961
You'll find dozens by doing a google search.

Why don't you go buy a cheap headset?
leroyjenkens
Aug7-10, 12:04 PM
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
You'll find dozens by doing a google search.

Why don't you go buy a cheap headset?
What words did you use to search? I can't find any.

I'm going to buy a cheap one on ebay, but I have to wait for my money transfer to paypal.

Evo
Aug7-10, 12:47 PM
Mentor

Text to speech computer phone call

Quote Quote by leroyjenkens View Post
What words did you use to search? I can't find any.

I'm going to buy a cheap one on ebay, but I have to wait for my money transfer to paypal.
My headset cost me $10 at Walmart. You don't need anything fancy to make a phone call. I even got a free one when I bought my $39 webcam.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...+speech+online
leroyjenkens
Aug7-10, 02:19 PM
My headset cost me $10 at Walmart. You don't need anything fancy to make a phone call. I even got a free one when I bought my $39 webcam.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...+speech+online
What I'm looking for is not only text to speech, but also I want to be able to use that speech to talk to someone I call from my computer. It would be like a chatroom, but they're talking normally and I can hear it through my headphones and instead of me talking back to them through the mic, I would be typing and what I type would be spoken to them by the computerized voices.
Evo
Aug7-10, 02:55 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by leroyjenkens View Post
What I'm looking for is not only text to speech, but also I want to be able to use that speech to talk to someone I call from my computer. It would be like a chatroom, but they're talking normally and I can hear it through my headphones and instead of me talking back to them through the mic, I would be typing and what I type would be spoken to them by the computerized voices.
Did you see the links to the different aps?
leroyjenkens
Aug7-10, 04:01 PM
Did you see the links to the different aps?
All I see is the text to speech applications. I need to be able to combine that with something that allows me to make phone calls from my computer. All I've been able to find that works is iCall. I don't think I can combine a text to speech program with that.

Register to reply