Applying Load on an area - ANSYS APDL

by 50Cent
Tags: ansys, apdl, applying, load
Share this thread:
50Cent
Apr19-11, 06:48 AM
P: 33
Hi,

Have been using ANSYS Mechanical to conduct some analyses, but am now moving to ANSYS APDL to investigate the effectiveness of Solid-Shell elements.

However, I've run into a problem. I can't figure out how to apply a load to an area!

I have been playing around with the SURF154 element (as i have a 3D model) but cant see where to apply the 250,000N force required.

Have tried seaching the web for tutorials, but no luck :( Does anyone know how to do this?

Any help is much appreciated
Many Thanks
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists develop 'electronic nose' for rapid detection of C. diff infection
Why plants in the office make us more productive
Tesla Motors dealing as states play factory poker
Mech_Engineer
Apr19-11, 10:04 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,248
Did you look through the ANSYS help?

Specifically under "Mechanical APDL" / "Basic Analysis Guide" / "2. Loading" / "2.5 Applying Loads" / "2.5.7 Surface Loads", Table 2.6: Commands for Applying Surface Loads.

Commands for applying surface loads to areas include SFA, SFALIST, SFADELE, SFGRAD
50Cent
May3-11, 12:07 PM
P: 33
Ahh right, no didnt see that. I got around the problem by applying a negative pressure (as I knew the area the force was being applied over) on the surface.

Thanks for the comment though!

Register to reply