ANSYS Mechanical APDL - How to scope results to specific elements of an assembly

In summary, ANSYS Mechanical APDL is a finite element analysis software used for structural, thermal, and electromagnetic analysis. It allows users to simulate real-world conditions and predict the behavior of mechanical and structural systems. To scope results to specific elements in ANSYS Mechanical APDL, users can use the "Element Selection" option in the "Solution" menu or the "Element Table" option to select elements based on their ID numbers or other attributes. Additionally, users can scope results to a specific location within an element by using the "Element Coordinates" option or the "Element Plot Options" to display results at specific locations within an element. To select multiple elements for result scoping, users can use the "Ctrl" key while clicking on the elements
50Cent
Hi,

I have been using both ANSYS APDL and ANSYS Workbench (Mechanical) to run analysis on a structure. After loading the structure, in Mechanical i was able to scope my results for deformation and EQUIV stress to just the adhesive layer as this is what I am interested in.

However, I can't work out how to do the same in APDL. This is an example of the scoped results i mentioned that was done in Mechanical.

11ah3eu.jpg

Any help is much appreciated
Many Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
PLDISP,1
PLNSOL,S,EQV

Anyone else? I'm stuck on the same problem

1. What is ANSYS Mechanical APDL?

ANSYS Mechanical APDL is a finite element analysis software used for structural, thermal, and electromagnetic analysis. It is widely used in the field of engineering to simulate real-world conditions and predict the behavior of mechanical and structural systems.

2. How can I scope results to specific elements of an assembly?

To scope results to specific elements in ANSYS Mechanical APDL, you can use the "Element Selection" option in the "Solution" menu. This allows you to select specific elements or groups of elements for which you want to view the results. You can also use the "Element Table" option to select elements based on their ID numbers or other attributes.

3. Can I scope results to a specific location within an element?

Yes, you can scope results to a specific location within an element by using the "Element Coordinates" option in the "Solution" menu. This allows you to specify the coordinates of the point within the element where you want to view the results. You can also use the "Element Plot Options" to display results at specific locations within an element, such as the centroid or nodes.

4. How do I select multiple elements for result scoping?

You can select multiple elements for result scoping by using the "Element Selection" or "Element Table" options and then holding down the "Ctrl" key while clicking on the elements you want to select. You can also use the "Element Range" option to select a range of elements based on their ID numbers.

5. Can I scope results to specific elements in a subassembly?

Yes, you can scope results to specific elements in a subassembly by using the "Submodeling" feature in ANSYS Mechanical APDL. This allows you to create a smaller model within your larger assembly and apply different boundary conditions and loadings to the submodel. You can then scope results to specific elements within the submodel to analyze the behavior of that particular section of the assembly.